Monday, November 13, 2006

wot, no chimps?

A disaster! I've run out of crimps, or chimps, as Mr Tony likes to call them. Crimps are the tiny little things that you squish to hold everything together, so without them I can't hold anything together and I can't make anything! Apart, of course, from things that don't require end-squishing, like these two extra-long necklaces:


They are on nylon thread which is knotted, so the join can't be seen and you can wear them as a bracelet if you wind them round lots of times. And you don't need crimps.

Here's the necklace which made me run out:

The ends aren't finished off, but it's mostly done. It involves lots and lots of crimps and little sections of tigertail and it's very fiddly, but worth it in the end, I think.

I'll be ordering some more stuff soon so I can get on with it.

No comments: